Sunday 4 September 2016

Toot Toot :)


This is a detail shot of the first painting I completed this year. At the time I was really happy with it, but the background bothered me a little. So up it went, back onto the easel and had a really successful rework, but in my usual style, I sent it off for an exhibition without taking a photo! I really need to organise my photo taking properly, a few weeks ago this piece, which I retitled 'Australian Song 2', won the open aquisitive prize at the Morawa Art Awards. I was so excited, the Aquisitive awards are really special as not only do you get a really nice cash prize, but you have the satisfaction of  your painting going to be hung in a public forum where it will be seen by many for years to come.  Now I'll have to try and wrangle a picture of this one somehow! Cheers for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment