Sunday 8 November 2015

Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree...





After my post yesterday about our local Kookaburra family, and Julie's questions about their nest, I thought I would take a photo to show the hollow they nest in each year. I couldn't believe my luck when I managed to get a shot of one of the birds leaving the hollow, what luck! Thanks Julie for your interest, I got a great photo :) We are lucky enough to have quite a lot of natural bush land next to and behind our house which we walk in all the time, this tree is actually in our neighbour's block but it is closer to our house. This tree has been eaten from the inside out by termites and I wonder how deep inside the actual nest is. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos, feel free to use them as references, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment