Friday 18 April 2014

New Doggy

'Smoko'
1m x 70cm soft pastel on Elephant colourfix


First of all, a big thank you to Dale McDonnel. A lovely lady with a beautiful dog who shared her photo of Taff on Wetcanvas many moons ago and inspired at least two works from me. This one started easily but then I got bogged down with silly little things...still needs tweaking but I need to let it percolate for a few days. I think the pressure of getting work done for an exhibition is making me a bit less relaxed in my painting which is a bummer. The title might seem strange to people not from Australia, Smoko is an old school name for a meal break - there's morning smoko and afternoon smoko. I dont know which one this guy is on but it looks like he can't wait for it to finish so he can get back to the sheep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment