Wednesday 29 May 2013

Must Practice my demos


 
You know try as I might I couldn't draw or paint a decent animal on Sunday! I was so daunted by being watched so closely by other artists! Then today I had no plans to paint, walked past the studio and wandered in and started painting from a loose sketch I had done previously, anyway about two hours later I had 'Security' (although I like to think of him as Cyril and Friends). He needs another hour or so yet, but I am glad he appeared because I was short a painting for an upcoming exhibition so that takes some pressure off. The background was a lot of fun, I took inspiration from my weekend students and went mad with the alcohol and a stiff brush. It dripped and made a mess and I used pastel over it while it was still wet and enjoyed the freedom of creating. Sometimes we need to take our own advice and lighten up...:)
 
 
 
'Security' 70cm x 50cm Colourfix Elephant

2 comments:

  1. Right back at you. Very nice. I have been doing a lot of pastels the last year plus, but have not used alcohol during the under painting. I need to give that a try!

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try it John, it opened up a whole new process for me, but don't use your best whiskey, buy the cheap stuff! and don't get your glass and your jar mixed up haha...

      Delete